Cleaning leather and suede is a specialised process and requires specialist knowledge. A lot can go wrong with improper leather or suede cleaning – shrinkage, cracking, colour loss. Leather is extremely durable and if properly treated and cared for will last for many years.
At Pressto, we provide leather and suede cleaning service for different types of garments including jackets, coats, skirts, trousers and gloves. Using advanced technology process, we help restore your leather’s shine and richness, and suede’s soft and supple feel. We carefully check and inspect each leather and suede item prior to cleaning. To restore the garment to its original condition after cleaning, we use leather spray to revive colour and keep your leather item looking good.
Looking After Your Garments
- Never store soiled clothing from one season to the next. This way you will avoid nasty surprises like finding impossible-to-remove stains on your garments (old stains become very resistant over time).
- Never store clothes in humid places such as basements or attics, or in plastic bags.
- Never leave clothes you are not going to wear for some time in places where they receive direct sunlight: the sun causes colors to fade.
- When you take a garment to the dry-cleaners, always point out stains, especially hard-to-remove marks caused by perspiration, blood, etc.
- In order to conserve leather garments in the best possible condition, you should have them cleaned at least once a year, preferably at the end of the season.
- Remember: the biggest threat to your clothes is not dry-cleaning them but leaving them dirty from one season to another.