Based on available evidence, most children do not appear to be at higher risk for COVID-19 than adults. While some children and infants have been sick with COVID-19, adults make up most of the known cases to date.
Teach and reinforce everyday preventive actions
Parents and caretakers play an important role in teaching children to wash their hands. Explain that hand washing can keep them healthy and stop the virus from spreading to others. Be a good role model—if you wash your hands often, they’re more likely to do the same.
Take steps to protect children and others
Help stop the spread of COVID-19 by doing the same things everyone should do to stay healthy. Teach your children to do the same.
- Clean hands often using soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid people who are sick (coughing and sneezing).
- Children 2 years and older should wear a cloth face covering over their nose and mouth when in public settings where it’s difficult to practice social distancing. This is an additional public health measure people should take to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in addition to (not instead of) the other everyday preventive actions listed above.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces daily in household common areas (like tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, handles, desks, toilets, and sinks).
- Launder items including washable plush toys as needed. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions. If possible, launder items using the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely. Dirty laundry from an ill person can be washed with other people’s items.
- Clean baby stroller often. Baby strollers can collect lots of dirt and germs, which is why it’s important to regularly clean your stroller.
- Consider cleaning your curtain and carpet regularly. Removing stain on surface won’t be enough. The deep-seating allergens and dust mites in your curtain and carpet can be a source of illness, and weaken immunity system. A professional dry cleaner can solve your curtain and carpet in just few days.
- Limit time with other children and people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
Help your child stay active
- Encourage your child to play outdoors—it’s great for physical and mental health. Take a walk with your child or go on a bike ride.
- Use indoor activity breaks (like stretch breaks or dance breaks) throughout the day to help your child stay healthy and focused.
Help your child stay socially connected
- Reach out to friends and family via phone or video chats.
- Write cards or letters to family members they may not be able to visit.
- Some schools and non-profits have resources for social and emotional learning. Check to see if your school has tips and guidelines to help support social and emotional needs of your child.
This is guide is provided by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Pressto is world leader in dry cleaning service
Presssto has 13 outlets in Klang valley, and it is part of a global franchise corporation originating from Spain. You can expect the same Pressto service in all 700+ outlets in 22 countries. Pressto handle more than just garment cleaning and pressing, curtain and carpet cleaning is also their specialty, a full in house team will inspect, study, dismantle, clean and install your curtains, and handling your carpet.